Substance Abuse Assessment and Intervention Assignment
Substance Abuse Assessment and Intervention Assignment
For the paper, choose a fictional character. This “client” may be from a movie, TV show, or book –With the exception of Dr. House or any Kardashian. DO NOT use someone you actually know.
1. Make sure you clearly outline your chosen character in the form of an intake. Sufficient history will be needed. Give an overall summary of the film/show/book and discuss how it does/does not reflect reality and how it does not reflect reality of many individuals struggling with addiction.
2. Identify an appropriate screening instrument(s) to evaluate the client’s diagnosis, stage of dependence, change, or recovery. Please justify your choice of instrument. There are instruments listed in your textbook as well as on the SAMHSA website.
3. Provide an appropriate DSM-5 diagnosis that considers differential diagnoses and prognosis. NOTE: If you do not have a copy of the DSM-5, please find one to borrow.
4. Consider possible placement options (inpatient/ intensive outpatient/ outpatient counseling/self-help, etc). Describe appropriate treatment modalities and recommendations. For example: Group vs. individual approaches in addictions counseling – Discuss the advantages/benefits/strengths and disadvantages/weaknesses/challenges associated with using these theoretical approaches and techniques in both group vs. individual addictions counseling.
5. Based upon the information presented above, provide a rationale for treatment based your conceptualization and etiology of addiction.
o Introduction/overview – Include brief descriptions and review of the literature related to the theories or models that serve as your personal philosophy of addictions counseling. –Discuss your personal perspective on how change occurs in addictions counseling, including insight- vs. action-oriented (intrinsic vs. extrinsic) counseling approaches in addictions counseling. Answer the basic question: Where does change begin (inside out or outside in) in addictions counseling? DO NOT use first person.
o Efficacy of the theory in practice – Discuss current research findings and professional literature on the effectiveness of these theories or models as they relate to and/or inform the practice of addictions counseling. Discuss your personal perspective on how change occurs in addictions counseling, including insight- vs. action-oriented (intrinsic vs. extrinsic) counseling approaches in addictions 12 counseling. Answer the basic question: Where does change begin (inside out or outside in) in addictions counseling?
o Practice techniques – Discuss the specific techniques associated you’re your personal theory of addictions counseling along with indicators of successful application of the theories and techniques.
o Discuss why a personal theory of addictions counseling is important – Discuss the role a personal theory of addictions counseling plays in the day-to-day work of an addictions counselor.
o Integrate addictions counseling and mental health counseling – Compare and contrast your theoretical approach to addictions counseling with traditional mental health counseling. How does your chosen theoretical approach to addictions counseling integrate with mental health counseling?
6. For some of the individuals, you may need to consider/address issues including: The interaction of Sex and Drugs Family Conflict / Family Love Weight Loss Genetics vs. Environment Criminal Activity Energy and Depression The effects of the drugs themselves Other concerns you identify
7. Summary – Include a synthesis of the previous topics you discussed throughout the paper.
8. References In addition to the course text, a minimum of 4 resources (from professional, peer-reviewed literature resources—not websites), must be used. Wikipedia, psychology today, or other similar sources are NOT acceptable.
9. This paper should be 9-10 pages in length (Not including title or reference page) and needs to include the use of headings. An abstract is not required. Paper must be in APA format, including properly formatted cover page with running heads, headings, citations, and reference page. It will be evaluated based upon the rubric attached under content.
10. Overall writing (punctuation, spelling, grammar, diction, etc.) & APA format.
Textbook : Miller, G. (2015). Learning the language of addiction counseling (4th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley. ISBN-9781118721773
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.