You have laid the groundwork for your Final Project, and this is the week when you move from a thesis sentence and topic outline to a full first draft. Keep in mind the importance of the introduction, body, and conclusion. Remember the prose models you have been reading and how those writers have used topic sentences, supporting details, structure, and transition to put together cohesive essays.
By Day 7
Write and submit the full rough draft for a persuasive essay that will become the Final Project for this course based on your case study selection. Remember that you are moving away from a personal reflection on the case study to an academic essay loosely based on the case study. This means you should write the essay in third person and remove all personal pronouns, such as “I, me, me, we, us.” Be sure to provide attribution, using APA formatting, for any outside sources used. Remember, this is an argumentative research paper, so you need to utilize outside sources to support your argument. The paper should follow these guidelines:
be 5 full pages in length, excluding the title page and References page
be written in the third person
cite a minimum of 4 outside source materials that support your thesis
use proper APA formatting
You will submit your rough draft to the Assignment submission link, as well as the Peer Review Forum. You can find a link to the Peer Review Forum in the Assessments area.
Using this topic Mental health in prisons and the thesis below, and the main idea will be what is going to be developed in writing this assignment.
Thesis Statement: People facing jail time should go for mental assessment before conviction.
• It is ordinarily difficult to address mental health, especially during prison admission.
• a lack of awareness
• lack of medical facilities and equipment
• stigma from society making people fear mental assessments
• Risks that arise from convicting people with mental issues
• prisons are bad for mental health since there are limited mental health services
• There is also a lot of insecurity and violence
• It may lead to suicide
• prisons lack meaningful activities that may help treat mental illnesses
• People with mental health issues also have a risk of facing stigmatization when convicted
• Segregate them because they believe those people with a mental health condition may be violent.
• Conditions such as isolation may lead to further mental problems such as depression.
• Prisons also have limited resources to handle people with a mental health condition
• Patients with mental disorders require specialized treatment and equipment
• Lacks personnel such as doctors and psychiatrists to handle such patients posing the need to have separate incarceration points and health care facilities.
• Some of the medications they are also exposed to may also be used by other prisoners for recreational purposes, causing drug and substance abuse addiction in prison
5) Benefits from doing a mental assessment prior incarceration
• It prevents the infliction of self-harm among prisoners, which is quite common among people with a mental health condition.
• Prisoners with mental health issues tend to bother workers and their fellow inmates since they require specialized treatment.
• Mental assessment before being convicted helps improve the amount and quality of health care the person deserves.
6) Recommendations such as the prisoners’ education and the system on mental health
• The government should introduce policies such as mental assessment before conviction
• training should be done to staffs who work in prisons to assess the status of mental disorders present in the facility
• The assessment also allows the government to come up with better mental health care practises for prisoners
• There should also be a lot of education on mental health since most people are unaware of mental health conditions and their symptoms.
Week 3 Assignment 2
for this submission, Chioma. You have a nicely constructed thesis statement. I am concerned, however, that you did not submit a properly formatted outline, which includes roman numerals, letters, and numbers as required. It is important that each main idea is written in a complete sentence (see the second bullet which starts with “Risks that arise” and see #5 as these are not complete sentences). It is important that main ideas are written in complete sentences as they are the supporting reasons for your thesis statement.
Please remember that you will be organizing your Week 4 Assignment 2 argumentative research paper based on this thesis statement and revised outline.
See the attached file for further information about organizing your Week 4 Assignment 2 rough draft
I attached what we did for week 1 too.
WK 1 Assgn2 Jeffries. C (Extension)
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.