Please respond to a classmate discussion most especially the cosmic question with reference (LoBiondo-Wood, G., & Haber, J. (2018). Nursing research: Methods and critical appraisal for evidence-based practice. St. Louis,, MO: Elsevier)
1. Minimizing bias and decreasing threats to internal validity is important to experimental designs. How will a researcher use the three criteria, manipulation, randomization, and control to minimize bias and decrease threats to internal validity?
Internal validity wants to prove whether it was the independent or dependent variable the one that made the change in the research (LoBiondo-Wood & Haber, 2018, p. 156). If the researcher allows for threats; such as manipulation, randomization and control, interfere with the research it can compromise the outcome of the study, it’s overall strength, and the quality of the evidence found (LoBiondo-Wood & Haber, 2018, p. 156). To decrease threats to internal validity the researcher can do the following;
· Randomization – the researcher will distribute the subjects of the study to the control or experimental group on a random basis. This will decrease selection bias, as well as ensuring that all the other possible variables that can affect the study will be randomly distributed, minimizing systematic bias (LoBiondo-Wood & Haber, 2018, p. 167).
· Control – the researcher will ensure that the independent variable, randomization, use of the control group, preparations and data collection are all consistent throughout the study. This will limit the bias that can influence the dependent variables (LoBiondo-Wood & Haber, 2018, p. 167).
· Manipulation – the researcher will manipulate the independent variable, usually on the experimental group, so that the effects of this manipulation can be measured. Once measured the results can be compared with the dependent variable and see the effect it had on the experimental group (LoBiondo-Wood & Haber, 2018, pp. 167-168).
2. Many times, researchers state that randomized clinical trials (RCT) provide the strongest level of evidence for an individual study when using an evidence-based model. As a researcher, why do you think this statement is true?
A randomized controlled trial minimizes bias and error because the researcher is able to use randomization, control, and manipulation throughout the study. This gives RCT a level II of evidence, which reduces bias and help identify cause-and-effect relationships during a study (Glasofer & Townsend, 2019).
3. When conducting an experimental design, how will you as a researcher, use intervention fidelity to increase the strength and quality of the evidence provided by the findings of the study?
Whenever I, as a research perform a study, I will ensure that I am consistent an uniform, throughout the whole study (LoBiondo-Wood & Haber, 2018, p. 247). I will ensure that the intentions of the study are clear from the start, that the participants and other researchers are informed about their roles and expectations, and that the experimental interventions are clearly defined (LoBiondo-Wood & Haber, 2018, pp. 150-151).
4. What is your cosmic question? (This is a question you ask your peers to respond to based on the chapter discussed in class this week i.e. Quantitative studies).
Let’s say that you are performing a research study, but you are unable to find enough individuals willing to participate in your study. Even with few individuals, you still decide to go ahead with your study. How can the lack of subject affect the validity of this study?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.