What is an executive summary? In business, some executives are simply too busy to read all the important articles that are published about their industry. So, they have an employee who reads the article for them and writes a summary of the important highlights. Then the executive just reads this short summary and gets the basic idea of what was said in the article.
In order for the summary to be effective, it needs to meet certain criteria:
• It needs to be accurate. It has to include all the major highlights. And it cannot mislead the executive about what the true messages in the article were. The writer of the summary, therefore, needs to have read the entire article carefully — and sometimes several times –- to make sure that he or she truly does understand the article. The executive is expecting the summary writer to have excellent reading skills!
• The summary has to be short, or the executive may as well have read the entire article! Make sure the summary is no more than a page. Never go on to a second page.
• The summary also needs to be a quick read. Keep the paragraphs short.
• Do not include any in-text citations in the summary, even when direct quoting from the article. There are three reasons for this rule: 1) the in-text citations slow down the reading. 2) The executive isn’t reading the summary for that kind of accountability. The executive just wants to know what the article is about. 3) Obviously all facts and direct quotes came from the article, so there’s no need to cite anyway.
How to Write the Assignment #17 Executive Summary:
Step 1: Read the article that’s posted on the Project 3 link. It’s called “College Tracking Students.” If you need to read it more than once to understand it, then do so.
Step 2: Divide the article into four to six chunks. Seriously “divide” it — pretend you have a hard copy and draw lines that separate the article into four, five, or six sections.
Step 3: Write a paragraph summarizing each of the sections. So you will have four, five, or six paragraphs. And keep the content in the same order as the original article. Things that were talked about at the beginning of the article should be in the beginning of your summary. Things that were talked about at the end of the article should be at the end of your summary.
Important Reminder: This is a summary of the article, not a review. The executive doesn’t want to know what you think about the article, so don’t tell us it’s “interesting” or “incomplete” or “boring” or “shocking” or whatever. Just tell us what the article says. We don’t care what you think about it.
• Put the title on the first line of the file. Here’s the title of your document:
Executive Summary of “Colleges are Turning Students’ Phones into Surveillance Machines,” by Drew Harwell. Washington Post, Dec. 24, 2019.
• Then type the paragraphs summarizing the article. Use full block typing format. (You might want to review the “Notes on Full Block Typing” handout on the Writing Handouts link.)
• If for some reason, the summary morphs over to a second page, go back and delete some of the wordiness. Make sure it fits on one sheet of paper.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.